- Australia has always been a popular destination for South African emigrants to settle
- With their government looking to fast-track Visas for South African farmers, their immigration skills list will be scrutinised more closely than ever
- With 180 occupations in demand, perhaps you'd be a suitable candidate to get a visa
South African's have always seen Australia as a popular emigration destination, but getting accepted into the country on a permanent basis has traditionally been a bit of a challenge.
Australia, like other countries, keeps a list of the skills that the country is short on. Immigrants applying for visas are given preference if they hold those skills.
Briefly.co.za gathered with the recent comments from Down Under about fast-tracking visas for white South Africans, perhaps you want to take a look at the Australian skilled occupation list to see if you'll qualify to move there permanently.
Those looking to move to Australia for General Skilled Migration are required to nominate an eligible occupation from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List. (MLTSL)
The following three visa types can nominate an occupation from the list:
- Subclass 189 (Skilled—Independent) visas;
- Subclass 489 (Skilled—Regional (Provisional)) visas by applicants who are not nominated by a State or Territory government agency;
- Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visas.
The MLTSSL for 2018 has 178 occupations that can be nominated for skilled migration to the country.
Who knows, maybe your services are in high demand Down Under?
The medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List is as follows:
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.