2021 Pride Month is upon us, and it is time for everyone to embrace who they are and how they would want the world to identify them. The rainbow symbolises the flavours, colourful activities and long celebrations that the month brings. They range from parades, rallies, workshops, parties and countless LGBTQIA+ events to create awareness. As everyone sets the mood for the month, sharing Pride Month quotes, memes, and messages could complement the event perfectly.
It does not matter whether you choose to post on Instagram or share the perfect tweet to express your thoughts on equality. We have you covered on the best Pride Month quotes, memes, and messages to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ month, especially if you cannot attend the Pride Month parade, festivals, or concerts. How about checking out these creative ways of sharing the joy of being part of the rainbow family?
2021 Pride Month quotes, memes, and messages to celebrate LGBTQIA+
Why is June pride month? The month is marked every June to pay tribute to the individuals who were involved in the Stonewall Riots. The riots were in response to a police raid on 28th June 1969 at the Stonewall Inn in Manhattan, New York. The riots culminated in the gay liberation movement and the twentieth-century fight for LGBT rights in the USA.
LGBT Pride Month 2021 will be special, especially with the new regulations to combat the third wave of the pandemic. While it may be difficult for individuals to converge and share the moment, there are safer ways of marking the event. Apart from watching LGBTQIA+ movies and LGBTQIA+ books, you can share quotes, messages and memes.
Pride Month quotes
What are some pride quotes? These are some LGBTQIA+ quotes from pop culture, moments, LGBTQIA+ books, LGBTQIA+ movies ,and celebrities. They are poignant reflections of how far the rainbow community has grown and the journey yet to be travelled. The quotes also help in sharing the joy of being in the rainbow family.
- Whoever you are, and whoever you love, I hope your rainbow month is as positive and as much of a protest as can be.
- Happy rainbow month to everyone—Out or closeted, visible or not, certain or exploring, of all sexualities and genders. Laura Kate Dale
- We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity. George Tekai
- I was not ladylike, nor was I manly. I was something else altogether. There were so many different ways to be beautiful. Michael Cunningham
- The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you have just told them. Rachel Maddow
- I think being gay is a blessing, and it's something I am thankful for every single day. Anderson Cooper
- It takes no compromise to give people their rights; it takes no money to respect the individual. It takes no political deal to give people freedom. It takes no survey to remove repression. Harvey Milk
- The more I have learned about gay rights and equal pay and gender equity and racial inequality, the more that it all intersects. You cannot pick it apart. It’s all intertwined. Megan Rapinoe
- It still strikes me as strange that anyone could have any moral objection to someone else’s sexuality. It’s like telling someone else how to clean their house. River Phoenix
Pride Month messages
It does not matter whether you identify as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community; you could participate in rainbow month activities. LGBTQIA+ events welcome allies from outside to be educated. One way of doing so is by contributing to the Pride Month hashtags by sharing any of these messages.
- Gender and sexuality are so fluid. It is OK to change your mind a million times and figure out what works for you. It is OK to take your time.
- Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it is a good place to start.
- Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?
- Our society needs to recognise the unstoppable momentum toward unequivocal civil equality for every gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender citizen.
- Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we will ever do.
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
- A new community has embraced me. That is what happens when you are finally honest about who you are; you find others like you.
- If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I am shortchanging myself.
Pride Month memes
Apart from the messages and quotes, another casual way of pushing the Pride Month hashtag is through sharing memes. Some could be funny, and others could convey the message as is. These are some of the memes you could share.
It is never a dull moment at work
Suppose you are lucky to be in a work environment that recognises and embraces the rainbow community. In that case, this is a funny and casual way of reminding your workmates about rainbow month.
One of the core beliefs of the people in the rainbow community is owning their identity. Therefore, you could push the hashtag by having conversations about different LGBTQIA+ groups.
Everyone is equal
Equality is another core belief in the LQBTQIA+ community. Therefore, on Pride Month days, having conversations about the groups that are not talked about could go a long way.
Love is love
You do not have to be a member of the rainbow community to mark the events in the Pride Month calendar 2021. However, you could support them by creating awareness by preaching the message of equality. You could also donate to the campaigns.
These Pride Month quotes, memes, and messages to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community provide different ways to mark the month. You can also donate to the charity events organised by the community members or help create awareness about equality and diversity.
Nurses Day quotes, theme, images, quotes and ideas highlight the different touching ways of marking the special occasion. They are a thoughtful way of appreciating healthcare workers during these tough times.
Source: Briefly News