Hamilton Dlamini’s on screen characters on shows like Isthembiso & Umlilo have made viewers develop a love hate relationship for him.
He is incredible at what he does and the fact that he can manipulate thousands of viewers emotions, says it all.
He also acts on Five Fingers for Marseilles which recently aired with a bang. He has graced us with his acting skills for almost two decades now. What a treat!
Despite his great success, it was not all rainbows and butterflies. The 48 year old actor suffered the ups and downs of the entertainment industry just like everyone else.
Here are a seven things that we have learnt about Dlamini over the years:
1. His parents had their eyes set on him becoming a doctor but he knew that he belonged to the arts.
2. At the 12th Annual SAFTAs, he walked away with an award for Best Actor In a Soapie/Telenovela.
3. Hamilton is a son of a truck driver and a stay-at-home mom, he grew up in Sebokeng, Gauteng.
4. In an interview with Drum magazine the actor admitted that he does not usually hang in places where most celebrities would hang, instead, he'd prefer to be at areas that help him build up the characters he's working towards. " I got to shebeens and places that are considered dangerous because that's where I learn to build my characters."
5. Dlamini is a loving father of three kids aged 22, 19 and 15.
6. The actor has been married for 23-years to his wife Martha whom he met in Hillbrow many years ago.
7. Hamilton is also busy writing his memoir which will entail his experience as an actor. He is also set to travel to the U.S. and the U.K. to promote his latest theatre play titled - The Head and the Load
See Mzansi's billionaires in the following video from our Briefly - South Africa YouTube channel.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.