Chris Schutte is the CEO of Astral Foods, under his leadership the company had a hugely successful 2017 and expects 2018 to be even better.
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see Briefly news on your News Feed!
The company recently announced it expected a 410% increase in the profits for the six months ending in March. This would suggest a dividend pay-out of 1800 cents per share.
READ ALSO: Women empowerment: Cape Town adds all-women road-repair team
Schutte has recently been campaigning for chicken to be included in the basket on non-VAT food items, which would benefit the poorest households.
Briefly.co.za gathered that Schutte is infamous for his money savings drive which he carried over from his personal life. He says growing up he lived on a farm and his family rarely if ever had extra cash.
Schutte never attended university because he did not have the financial means or the grades to obtain a bursary.
He shares some of his top tips and attitude towards money:
• He still drives a 2000 Toyota Camry and has a huge dislike for debt, something which he passed onto his children.
• He worked as a waiter and collected glass bottles for cash
• Schutte had a number of after-school jobs, one of which was making feather dusters. He says he worked more than one job per day
• He was the manager of two clothing stores by the time he was 18
• Schutte claims he never made career decisions, his career just happened
• He hates the idea of retirement
• Schutte has been with Astral Foods since 2002
READ ALSO: The blessed life of Jacob Zuma’s 24 year-old fiancé revealed
For more amazing, funny and informative videos, please visit our new Briefly South Africa's YouTube Channel.
Do you have a story to share with Briefly? Visit our Facebook page where you can send us a message or leave us a comment. Your story could be shared online.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on iTunes or GooglePlay today.
Source: Briefly News