- First, Atandwa Kani became an overnight success story when he acted in Black Panther, but now, he scooped an international award
- Hollywood actors, including Michael B. Jordan, celebrated Kani’s recent Best Actor Award win for Love by Chance
- The local actor became an international sensation when he played a younger version of King T’Chaka in the hit Marvel film, alongside his real-life father, John Kani
Atandwa Kani made South Africans proud recently with his international award for Best Actor as the character Chance in the film Love by Chance.
His co-star in the hit film, Black Panther, Michael B. Jordan, voiced his support on social media when he tweeted various emojis as congratulations, including the praying hands which can be translated to meaning “blessing”.
Born on 6 June 1984, in Port Elizabeth, Atandwa is the son of South African actor, John Kani.
Briefly.co.za recently featured an article entitled 5 fascinating facts about Atandwa Kani.
1. His full name is Atandwa Duduza Yiduthi Kani.
2. He was born in the Eastern Cape but surprisingly speaks with an American accent. His parents are the famous South African actor, John Kani and retired PE teacher Mandi Kani.
3. Attandwa married Lesotho born actress, scriptwriter and TV presenter Fikile Mthwalo-Kani. Fikile is furthering her acting studies in New York.
4. He was married before to the former Our Perfect Wedding (OPW) presenter, Thembisa Mdoda, the younger sister of Anele Mdoda.
5. He studied theatrical performance at the University of Witwatersrand.
Kani’s achievements to date show tremendous potential and we can’t wait to see what’s next for this SA star.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.
Christian churches in Africa are huge. So are the pastors. One pastor’s charisma and divine calling unites and educates people in the church community. Unfortunately, some shameless individuals make it extra difficult to tell apart divine miracles and deliberate deception. Be careful with who and what you believe in!