- South Africa heard today how the South Gauteng High Court dismissed an application for leave to appeal an order compelling the Gupta family to return an aircraft they bought
- The Gupta family defaulted on payments on their luxury jet, sending the lending bank into panic
- The order was passed in an attempt to protect the jet
Judge Kathree Setiloane announced on Thursday that the South Gauteng High Court has dismissed an application for leave to appeal an order forcing the Gupta family to return a jet they purchased. The aircraft was bought through a Canadian bank.
The bank approached the court after the Gupta family defaulted on payments for the jet, stating they wanted the aircraft grounded for safety as well as to stop it from being used to commit crimes or for the family to flee the country.
Judge Setiloane added that the order was not permanent and was in place pending the English proceedings. She added that the order was in place to preserve the safety of the aircraft.
Briefly.co.za feature an article recently called OR Tambo airport officials join the search for fugitive Ajay Gupta. This article indicates a trend to flee as, at the time of print, there was a search underway for Ajay Gupta:
- OR Tambo International Airport officials confirmed they have footage of Gupta leaving the country for Dubai
- Gupta is now considered to be a fugitive after he fled the country
OR Tambo International Airport officials have joined the Hawks in the search for Ajay Gupta, who is now considered to be a fugitive. According to report, officials are working with the Hawks to track down Gupta.
The judge ordered the family not to “possess, dispose or use the aircraft”.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
Alexander Jenkinson, from Cullinan, won in the Male category, he’s 18. And the title of Female Top model was won by Melissa Magiera, a 22-year-old from Cape Town. Today, we present to you Top 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Melissa Magiera.