To some, make-up can be a daunting task, but you just need a little guidance. Makeup is a magical thing, especially when you know how to use it.
Wearing make-up differs from girl to girl. There are a few things to take into consideration before you girls start applying this can’t do without product. Look at your bone structure, facial features and your skin type.
It’s okay to apply too much makeup as long as the end result does not LOOK like you have too much on!!!
Makeup applied correctly will enhance your natural beauty and high light those features which are normally hidden. We don’t want our gurrls to like ‘bad-bads’.
There are golden rules to follow to ensure you do not end up looking like a ‘make-up brush wipe off sheet’
Foundation should be applied so well that no one should realises you’re wearing it. The only compliment you should receive is ‘wow your skin looks amazing’
A couple of rules when applying makeup:
1. Focus on your best facial feature. The rest of your face go light.
2. Use you foundation with caution. Applied incorrectly will give the impression you are wearing a mask.
3. Make sure that your make-up suits the event you are attending.
4. Make those cheek bones ‘pop’
On a blog post, Virali Modi shared the following steps:
1. Always exfoliate and moisturize your skin.
2. For a natural look, wear a tinted moisturizer or a light wearing foundation, IF you require the extra coverage. If you don't skip this step.
3. For your eyes, wear neutral colored eye shadows. Stick to more browns and taupes. If you want something 'more', go for golds. Something warmer, but it the same brown/taupe family.
4. Wear a brown eye liner, just along your upper lash line, if you feel you need it. If not, skip this step too.
5. Wear a long lasting or waterproof mascara, I really like the Lash Blast mascara, it's not TOO dramatic (unless you build it up). Apply 1 or 2 light coats of mascara to your top and bottom lashes, to open your eyes.
6. Leave your bottom lash line alone, without any eyeliner, if you like. Otherwise, a soft brown will look most natural.
7. Use a brightening concealer, IF you have dark circles or zits and redness that you'd like to cover up. A thin layer will look best. Make sure it is your skin tone or maybe 1 skin tone lighter for a brighter face. Set the concealer with a translucent powder.
8. Apply a natural blush color, close to the color of your cheeks. I feel that cream colors work best to give a dewy finish that's most natural. Apply it to the apples of your cheeks and all the way back towards your hair line closest to your cheeks. Or just leave it to the apples of your cheeks for a flushed appearance.
9. This is optional, you can use a matte bronzer to add color to the natural spots where the sun would touch your face, for a sun kissed glow. That would be your nose, tops of your cheeks, chin, and forehead.
10. Lastly, wear a lip color of your choice, for a neutral, every day look, you can wear a soft pink, or something closest to your lip color. You can add a gloss of your choice go spice it up a bit if you wish.
A great finisher for your look is a good quality setting spray. It holds your look for longer , making you photo ready at any moment.
The above may seem a tad daunting if you are new to the world of makeup, but take your time and find what works for you. Make makeup into something fun, not a routine task.
The world is now at the tip of your brush.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.