- AgriForum has sent a delegation to the US to garner support to fight land expropriation in SA
- The AgriForum leaders have been reporting great success on this trip
- Adam Habib has called the delegation “disgusting human beings”
CEOs of AgriForum Ernst Roets and Kallie Kriel have been visiting the United States to generate support against land expropriation and they have been tweeting regularly about the people they are meeting and the success they are having.
Their main aim currently is to warn investors against investing in South Africa.
Wits Vice-Chancellor Adam Habib took exception to one of their recent tweets. The group tweeted about meeting John Robert Bolton, the conservative US National Security Advisor to President Donald Trump. They tweeted:
“Great turn of event: With a bit of luck @ErnstRoets and I met John Robert Bolton, USA National Security Advisor to @realDonaldTrump. We also gave him a copy of Ernst's new #KillTheBoerBook on #FarmMurders & #ExpropriationWithoutCompensation in SA. @afriforum #AfriForumUSA . pic.twitter.com/CIEIqmyA3O”
Habib’s commented back:
“Your associations in the US prove what disgusting human beings you truly are. You are an embarrassment to SA & its constitution. Every nation has somebody who reflects its worse side. The Germans had Hitler, the Ugandans, Amin, apartheid SA, Verwoed, and current SA the two of you”
Habib’s tweet has caused a stir on social media with many supporting his comments while just as many are criticising the harshness of his words.
Briefly.co.za recently featured an article called: AfriFormun state their case against Julius Malema . In this article:
- AfriFormun have demanded that the alleged corruption charges against Malema must be seen to
- Charges were laid by AfriForum against Malema on 24 July 2011 at the Brooklyn police station in Pretoria
- Malema said that he is not scared and that no 'racist' will stop him
Breaking news today was that Advocate Gerrie Nel, Head of AfriForum’s Private Prosecuting Unit, announced that the civil rights group will privately prosecute EFF leader Julius Malema for fraud and tender corruption.
It seems Agriforum is creating some waves lately. We wait to see what comes next.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.