Bonang Matheba is that girl that everyone wants to be. She is beautiful, sexy, intelligent and gifted with many talents.
With all her attributes, Bonang has managed to remain relevant in the entertainment industry for many years.
Let’s look a little closer. Here are 10 things you probably don’t know about your *Girl B*
How about we look into the following 10 things you probably didn’t know about your *Girl B*?
1. She is a former host of “The Front Row” radio show on SABC‘s Metro FM and the brand ambassador for Revlon Cosmetics South Africa.
2. Bonang’s mother, Charlotte, was the Corporate Head of Human Resources at a major agribusiness company, and her dad, Gampi, was a lecturer at the University of North West.
3. Bonang’s first break into television, came at the age of 15. She appeared on SABC 2’s kids’ game series, Manhattan’s Fantasy Challenge.
4. After completing her high school career, Bonang enrolled in a Marketing course at the University of Johannesburg.
5. In 2007, Bonang auditioned as the host on South Africa’s most watched music series, LIVE. Her audition was successful and she got the job. This meant she had to cut her studies short and her parents were not thrilled.
6. To prove to her parents that the decision to drop out of university was a good idea, Bonang had to work extremely hard. She has openly said this in many interviews. It only took a few months, after joining LIVE, for Bonang to become an over-night sensation and the most sought after celebrity in South Africa. “Host with the most” was the title she gave herself.
7. Bonang had the pleasure of hosting various major music and television awards. The South African Music, Channel O Music Awards, The South African Film and Television Awards to mention only a few and there were beauty pageants including Miss South Africa.
8. Some of Bonang’s past and present brand endorsements: Peugeot, Legit Edcon, BIC razors, Brutal Fruit, Diva Divine Hair, Revlon, Ciroc , Ipanema, Woolworths, Cell C, Courvoisier.
9. Bonang sent her demo tape to the popular youth radio station, YFM numerous times. She was rejected over a period of two years. Finally a call came in that she would be part of the new presenter line-up. Her weekend afternoon show on YFM titled The B* Hive was an instant hit with its younger listeners.
10. The hit drama series, InterSEXions, was Bonang’s first appearance as an actor, playing the role of Nurse Seipati. Having respect for actors and their craft, Bonang was quoted saying that she knows her limits. This was after the episode had aired, and Bonang made the decision that she would not be pursuing a career in acting.
Visit our YouTube channel at Briefly - South Africa YouTube channel.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.