- The ABSA Premier Soccer League (PSL) final round took place on Saturday 12 May
- Mamelodi Sundowns star Percy Tau says he wants to move to Europe as soon as possible
- Kaizer Chiefs confirmed goalkeeper Brilliant Khuzwayo would be leaving the side after six-years
The final round of the ABSA Premier Soccer League (PSL) took place on Saturday 12 May. Going into the final round there remained a lot of interest in certain results as no less than four teams faced the grim prospect of having to take part in the relegation playoffs.
Mamelodi Sundowns finished a brilliant season on a bit of a low with a low-key 0-0 draw against Bloemfontein Celtic. The Brazilians finally received the winner’s trophy after securing the title in the penultimate round.
Briefly.co.za brings you the full list of results from the final round.
• Ajax Cape Town 1 - 2 Kaizer Chiefs
• Bloemfontein Celtic 0 - 0 Mamelodi Sundowns
• Amazulu 1 - 0 Cape Town City
• Maritzburg United 1 - 1 Golden Arrows
• Orlando Pirates 2 - 1 Free State Stars
• Platinum Stars 1 - 0 Bidvest Wits
• Polokwane 1 - 1 Chippa United
• Supersport United 1 - 0 Baroka FC
Ajax Cape Town will now face off against Jomo Cosmos and Black Leopards in the relegation/promotion playoffs.
Meanwhile, Mamelodi Sundowns star Percy Tau says after a successful season with the new champions he wants to move to Europe as soon as he possibly can.
Tau who celebrated his 24th birthday on Sunday claims that after winning the PSL and CAF Champions League with Mamelodi, he is ready for bigger things.
The young star is widely seen as one of Mamelodi’s key players. He said if he was presented with the opportunity to play overseas he would grab it with both hands.
Kaizer Chiefs have confirmed that it had parted ways with goalkeeper Brilliant Khuzwayo after six-years. Khuzwayo asked the club for its permission to move to another club side.
The club said Khuzwayo wanted to play more matches.
Kaizer Chiefs Football Manager Bobby Motaung said: "Brilliant gave us his all and we’ve given him our support throughout his stay with us."
Motaung said when a player like Khuzwayo was good to the club and then asks to spread his wings, the club had to respect that wish.
For more amazing, funny and informative videos, please visit Briefly South Africa's YouTube Channel.
What are your fondest memories of the past PSL season? Visit our Facebook page where you can send us a message or leave us a comment. Your story could be shared online.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on iTunes or GooglePlay today.