- Mambiya was only 12 years old when he carved his mark in the Kwaito music scene
- Their first hit track was called Love and Kwaito
- They had their first live performance on the Phat Joe show
Kwaito stars Mzambiya and Msawawa are back and the SA music scene is excited!
The two are celebrating 20 years in the music industry in a special way. They are launching a single called Imoto kaShukela.
Zalebs.com reported the new single was produced by 2 young men from eNanda who were born in 1998.
The two are excited about the single and have stated they are going to see how their fans react before planning their next move.
Kwaito is alive
In a world that had begun to believe Kwaito was a thing of the past, these two disagree and are assuring the world that it is, in fact, alive and kicking.
“If you listen to Kwesta’s music and the other guys’ music, to me it’s Kwaito”, says Mzambiya.
This single is already part of the playlists at radio stations and will come out on all digital platforms on Friday.
A few facts about the stars
- Mzambiya was born in Zola Soweto
- Mzambiya approached SADAG after seeing a girl who killed herself when she thought she had failed Matric when she actually hadn’t. He also had a family member who committed suicide and he does not think people should take their own lives
- Mzambiya is inspired by Life, people and situations
- Msawawa started a charity foundation in partnership with his dancing school to help train and motivate those children who love dancing but do not have the money to attend dancing schools
Briefly.co.za wish these two everything of the best in their comeback.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.