- Tiyani Mabunda is a successful Mamelodi Sundowns player
- The player’s career was not looking great before 2015 and he was facing early retirement
- He credits the turn-around in his career to Prophet Shepherd Bushiri
Tiyani Mabunda came under fire recently for his over-the-top praise of prophet Shepherd Bushiri in his Man of the Match award acceptance speech.
The player is resolute in his support of the prophet though and he has stated that his career is only what it is today because of how the prophet helped him.
He states that, in 2015, his career was not looking good at all. He was not playing regularly, but that when he was he kept getting injured. He knew he was facing early retirement.
His girlfriend took him to see the pastor to try and help him. He says Bushiri prayed for him, told him that if he believed he would see a turn-around in his career and things would go better.
The players say he left believing God would turn things around for him and that is exactly what happened.
"I have come to know and understand God under his leadership. It was through his teachings, prayers, and well-wishes for me that I was able to get to this level in life."
Mabunda, who joined Sundowns from Black Leopards in 2013, dismissed comments on Twitter that he was worshiping Bushiri as if he were a cult leader.
Briefly.co.za recently featured an article called Prophet Mboro says latest smear campaign is sparked by truce with Prophet Bushiri.
In the article:
- Prophets Mboro and Bushiri recently reconciled
- A "fake story" about Prophet Mboro asking congregants to remove their underwear surfaced
- He blames it on people who are unhappy with his reconciliation with Prophet Bushiri
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
Christian churches in Africa are huge. So are the pastors. One pastor’s charisma and divine calling unites and educates people in the church community. Unfortunately, some shameless individuals make it extra difficult to tell apart divine miracles and deliberate deception. Be careful with who and what you believe in!