- Masoja Msiza has joined the cast of South African show Uzalo
- The actor commented that he had felt he took a risk accepting the role on the show
- He said he is aware that people criticise what he terms “his Joburg Zulu”
Popular show #Uzalo has a new member in their family. Masoja Msiza has joined the cast on the show and it hasn’t been the easiest addition to the family.
The actor has commented that he knows fans are complaining about his Zulu. He said it was the one aspect that worried him when he was considering joining the show, and he realised it might be a problem.
He has coined the term “Joburg Zulu” for the Zulu he speaks, and says although it is different to perfect Zulu, at the end of the day Zulu is Zulu and people must just accept it.
He added that he had taught himself Zulu and believes he has done quite well.
Unfortunately for the actor, this has not been the only criticism. He says his dress sense and choice of soapie to act in have also been criticised.
For a show that is being termed as “amateur” by some of Msiza’s critics, it has a powerful team behind it. Briefly.co.za's article Inside the head of Bongi Ndaba, the head scriptwriter for soapie #Uzalo showcased the lead writer for the show, who comes with an impressive portfolio.
- Bongi Ndaba is an actress, playwright and the head scriptwriter for SA soapie #Uzalo
- She is also known for her leading role as Thembeka Nkosi, in 'Izingane zoBaba'
- Ndaba is well-respected in the SA film industry
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.
Alexander Jenkinson, from Cullinan, won in the Male category, he’s 18. And the title of Female Top model was won by Melissa Magiera, a 22-year-old from Cape Town. Today, we present to you Top 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Melissa Magiera.