Been in the entertainment industry for many years and preparing for fame from a young age, Duma Mnqobi has had the opportunity to associate himself with various legendary stars.
There is so much we do not know about the actor but will share a few things we do know.
Mnqobi is a Generations Legacy star. Briefly.co.za learnt that his journey has been one of ups and downs, one of which was dealing with being diagnosed with depression.
Speaking to Move! Magazine, the 29 year old soapie star, shared that he knew from a very young age he wanted to make a career in showbiz.
Interesting things about Duma Mnqobi:
1. Enrolled for a Bachelor of Science degree and later study music, Duma had to put his studies on hold due to bouts of depression.
2. Duma’s first employment was that of a presenter on e.tv’s kids show, Craze.
3. In his first audition for Generations, Duma was rejected.
4. This soapie star also writes poetry and music.
"When there were talent shows, I used to sing because of the ladies...I wanted their attention a bit, but it was also to gain a certain popularity so that I can feel more confident because I was also a quiet guy..."
5. Duma is a single father of a nine year old boy.
He is a truly inspirational man who has come so far and fought many battles to get there.
Watch the Top-5: How to be an African president - detailed guide and other videos on Briefly South Africa's YouTube channels.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.