Sjava brought it home for South Africa at the BET Awards. Mzansi is truly proud.
BET Viewer’s Choice ‘Best International Act’ awards were presented last night.
Sjava, South African ATM artist was nominated together with Nigeria’s Niniola and Ghama’s Kwesi Arthur. Sjava came out tops winning the award, reported Times Live.
Sjava’s speech is one to remember. Displaying his culture, he incorporated his mother tongue, IsiZUlu, into his speech.
Briefly.co.za learn that, in previous years, South African artists, Cassper Nyovest, Emtee and AKA have been nominated but Sjava is the first to bring home the award.
There were celebrations all round for his fans and fellow artists for this amazing win.
Here are some interesting facts about the award-winning star:
- He was born in KZN in Bergville.
- Jabulani Hadebe is his real name and Sjava is his stage name.
- His name making single was released in April 2016 and had 200 000 downloads that same day. The single was called “Ekseni”.
- He has acted on acted on Generations, Zone 14, 7de laan, Soul City and Gugu no Andile.
- He has also made amazing jingles for Kilm, Jika Majika (#1 dance show in SA) and Psalted.
Watch the funny Animated Joke: When Heaven becomes a crowded place and head over to Briefly South Africa's YouTube channel for more hilarious videos.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.