- Former president Jacob Zuma's son Duduzane appeared in court on charges of corruption
- Duduzane was given R100 000 bail and his passports confiscated
- The young man is expected in court again on 12 July on charges of culpable homicide
Duduzane Zuma has been given R100 000 bail and his case has been postponed to January 24 2019.
Duduzane had to hand in his passport as part of the conditions of his bail. Duduzane will also have to report in at the Rosebank Police Station once a week.
Duduzane appeared in court on Monday, 9 July on charges of corruption and conspiracy to commit corruption. He arrived at court with his feet in shackles.
Briefly.co.za reported earlier that Duduzane handed himself over to authorities at the Johannesburg Central Police Station earlier on Monday morning.
Duduzane's lawyer Rudi Krause said he had agreed to surrender his passport to authorities as part of his bail agreement.
According to a report by TimesLIVE, the state found that Duduzane acted with the purpose to bribe Minister Mcebisi Jonas, former Deputy Finance in 2015.
The case has been postponed to 2019 so other people involved in the case could be charged as well. Duduzane's lawyers were unhappy, claiming the case should be ready as it is more than two years old.
Briefly.co.za gathered that Advocate Dawie Joubert feels the case against Duduzane is very weak.
Duduzane is expected in the Randburg Magistrates Court on charges of culpable homicide on Thursday, 12 July.
Do you have a good (or bad) story that needs to be told? Let us know on our Facebook page and we could be telling your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.
Watch the silly Animated Joke: What Happened In A Locker Room? and take a look at what else is happening on Briefly South Africa's YouTube channel.