- The Democratic Alliance’s call to deploy the South African army into crime ridden areas has been met with speculation and resistance
- We look at 10 tweeps responses to the DA’s tweet on the matter
- The DA’s solution has many tweeps calling for better strategies
The DA has called for the army to be deployed into crime ridden areas. In a recent tweet they gave areas they feel the army could assist with.
- Assisting with blockades during SAPS blockades
- Escorting ambulances and other state service providers
- Protecting taxi ranks, railways and bus stations
- Securing school routes and aftercares
- Securing clinics and social development offices
Briefly.co.za looks at 10 tweeps responses to this proposal.
Not an immediate solution
Obsession with the past?
Clutching at straws
Traumatic for residents
Is the army equipped?
Unintended negative consequences?
Deploy and employ more police?
Make the police security guards
Soldiers trained to protect and kill
It looks like this suggestion is not such a popular one for the South African public. The DA may need to dig a little deeper when it comes to solutions to the crime in the country if they want the support of the local South African.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
This comedy animation shows a relationship between a boy and his dad. The boy trusted his dad very much and even told him about every girl he fell in love with! Unfortunately, according to his dad, his women crushes are actually his sisters! The boy is devastated. He fell in love 6 times and all of the girls are his siblings...His heart is broken into million pieces. He goes to his mother and tells her the story. What his mom tells him is rather shocking! Do you want to know how this love story ended? Click “Play” and get ready for a horrific ending!