- Would you be willing to spend R1million on a single night in a hotel suite?
- Turns out some people will and the most expensive hotel in the world will cost this for just one night
- The hotel has hosted the likes of Michael Jackson, Bill Gates and Richard Branson
You will have to cough up R1million if you want to spend in a night in the world’s most expensive hotel.
At least, this is what the Elite Traveller’s List of Top 100 Suite 2018 says, reports the Sunday Times.
And where is this exclusive lodging? In the Hotel President Wilson in Geneva where the penthouse suite is a 12-bedroom apartment which takes up the entire eight floor of the hotel.
It is the largest hotel suite in the whole of Europe and has hosted greats like Michael Jackson, Richard Branson and Bill Gates.
And staying here also takes care of any security concerns you may have with its bullet-proof windows, panic button, private elevator and reinforced safe.
The top 10 most expensive hotels per night on the list are:
1. Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland Royal Penthouse Suite, (R1.07-million)
2. The Mark, New York, USA Terrace Suite, (R1.01-million)
3. Hotel Martinez by Hyatt, Cannes, France Penthouse Suite, $53,200
4. Faena Hotel, Miami, USA Penthouse, (R674,000)
5. Laucala Island, Fiji Hilltop villa, (R606,000)
6. Hotel Mansour, Marrakech Grand Riad, (R586,000)
7. Hotel Cala Di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy Penthouse suite, (R555,000)
8. The Plaza, New York, USA Royal Suite, (R539,000)
9. Hotel de Paris, Monaco Princess Grace Suite, (R499,000)
10. Mandarin Oriental New York, New York Suite 5000, (R485,000)
These hotels far outweight the cost of the State Security Minister Bongani Bongo’s three-week stay at a Cape Town hotel. Briefly.co.za reported earlier this year how this stay cost the minister R147 000.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
African comedy 2018 - only fresh and funny jokes on Briefly Cartoons! A farmer went to the bar to get drunk after a hard day. He was thinking about some unexplainable things in his life. The guy sitting next to him asked him why he sat there in such a beautiful day. And the farmer told him really unbelievable and hilarious story. What was this story about? Click “Play” to find out!
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.