- A woman recently shared the beautiful story of how South Africans came together to help a fellow neighbour
- A fire broke out in a garage, but thanks to the work of the community it did not spread any further
- This show of ubuntu reminds South Africa that all is not lost in this remarkable country
Judith Lewis-Stride was on her way home when she noticed that there was a fire and pulled over to find the address and report it to the emergency services.
What she found astounded her and left her in awe at the power of ubuntu.
After a fire broke out in the garage of a home in Diepkloof Ext 2, Soweto, neighbours rushed to keep the fire contained until the fire department arrived.
The residents connected hose-pipes and carried buckets of water to the scene of the fire to prevent it from spreading to the neighbouring houses.
Two men were particularly brave in vigilant in helping contain the fire. One of them left as soon as the firefighters showed up and the other did not want to be named or photographed.
One of the men was covered in bruises and soaking wet after his hard work.
Here's Judith's full account of the event:
Thanks to the work of the community the fire did not spread any further than the garage where it started, despite 2 gas cylinders and a car engine exploding.
This is an example to all South Africans that when they unite they can do wonderful things. It may not be big things, but it is still something to be proud of.
Do you have an inspiring or beautiful story to tell South Africa? Let us know on our Facebook page and we could be telling your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.
Cartoon Comedy: The Farmer’s Tale and head over to Briefly South Africa's YouTube channel for more awesome videos.