The weekly drama on e.tv, Scandal is loved by so many. Romeo Medupe’s character is played by Hungani Ndlovu.
The character is one that keeps viewers on the edge of their seats anticipating what disruption he will get into next. Ndlovu portrays this character to the T, reported The Citizen.
Briefly.co.za learnt that Romeo is a child that is troubled leaving all that is in his company not to get into his bad books. Viewers respect his intelligence and the charm he has.
When one speaks to Ndlovu, you can see that the character he plays and he in real life are like day and night.
Here are 6 inside facts on the multitalented Ndlovu:
1. Born 19 June 1994, Ndlovu is an actor, dancer, presenter and MC. It took him awhile to reassure himself that he wanted to make a career out of dancing. In 2011 he spent three years in the USA, where he studied and work on his dancing and acting.
2. He graduated in Los Angeles at Filii’Cademy in Acting for Film.
3. Ndlovu was fortunate to attend lectures held by world famous choreographers. The big names he learnt from included Ian Eastwood, WillDaBeast Adams, Parris Goebel and Nick DeMoura.
4. At the tender age of 24, Ndlovu landed his first television job with Scandal. It was a new experience for him as he was accustomed to practising acting in films, so the series experience was slightly overwhelming in the beginning.
5. His first lead role in Memoir of an Honest Voice, was nominated for Best Short Film at the Africa Academy Awards in 2015. This short film went on to be nominated in three more festival in the USA. This proved that Ndlovu was on his way to succeed as an actor.
6. Dancing was initially just a past time for Ndlovu. This grew into a passion for him and he was confident that it would lead into a career for him.
Pushing forward with his passion of dance, he landed up dancing for Tuks Senganga. He was able to meet with Shelton Forbez, a South African dancer, model and presenter on Vuzu. He founded Sans Group where he educates and empowers others in the creative arena.
Ndlovu has so much he would like to achieve. He knows that his acting and dancing talents are doing well, but there is still so much hard work for the future.
There are three desires that he would really like to fulfil. He wants to dance for an artist like Nasty-C, and depict a younger version of Denzel Washington. The third dream, is to play a character of a serial killer.
As this is a vast industry, Ndlovu is still finding his way.
For more amazing, funny and informative videos, please visit Briefly South Africa's YouTube Channel.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.