- Kid X doesn’t always talk about his personal life, but recently he has opened up
- While the rapper has been around for a long time, he is only now releasing his first album
- After writing the music for ‘Thank Da King’, Kid X will be selling his written notes in order to raise money to build new music classes in his old schools
Kid X often keeps to himself, however after doing an interview on ‘Trending SA’, the rapper has become a little bit more open about his life.
Briefly.co.za compiled a list of the five things that many of his fans don’t know about him:
1. He values his loved ones
With his father’s line of work, Kid X was forced to move around a lot and family became a huge part of his life.
2. He learned from the best
While Kid X was working on his music, the rapper had the chance to be mentored by Ndebele artist, Esther Mahlangu and Maskandi’s Shwi Nomtekhala.
3. ‘Thank Da King’
Kid X has been in the rap game for some time, but ‘Thank Da King’ is his debut album which he has spent 8 years perfecting.
4. He’s got nothing but love for fellow musicians
The rapper knows how tough it is to get into the music industry, which is why he likes to support other artists.
5. Kid X likes to do it old school
While most of the world is living in the digital age, the rapper has decided to stick to pen and paper when it comes to writing his music.
The rapper has been using a feather pen to write his lyrics for ‘Thank Da King’ and now that’s the album is complete, he will be auctioning them off.
According to ZAlebs, the rapper plans to donate some of the money he receives to a couple of schools so that they can build new music classes for their students.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.
Watch the animated video and head over to Briefly South Africa’s Youtube channel for more.