An ex-nurse, Elaine Jacobs, is the latest person to have been outed for her racist slurs. She used the k-word when she messaged a woman who dates black men.
According to the messages sent to Larochelle Smit, Jacobs lambasted her for “looking like a Kardashian” and “going out with k*****s”.
Jacobs listed herself as a nurse at Klerksdorp's Life Anncron hospital.
Smit, who has a large following on Instagram and Facebook, often posts beautiful pictures of herself, that Jacobs likened to the Kardashians. There are also images of Smit and her boyfriend.
According to Jacobs, this isn't the way a “boere SA meisie”, or good Afrikaner woman should act.
The messages, written in Afrikaans, translate to: "Who are you trying to look like? I mean, you're a boere South African woman, but you want to look like a Kardashian. And go out with k####rs?"
At first, Life Healthcare replied with what looked like a standard message on their Twitter account:
But, the healtcare group has since released a full statement. In it, the group revealed Jacobs is not currently employed by Life Healthcare. It's believed she hasn't worked at the hospital since last year. However, she hasn't updated her Facebook page.
When asked if the group dealt with her complaint, Smit replied:
The group said it doesn't take lightly to racial hate speech and will ensure Jacobs never works at any of their hospitals in future.
Like a boss, Smit had the best come back for the woman. She wrote on her Facebook page:
"Thank you to Mr Logie Naidoo for assisting me in escalating the matter to the Human Rights Commission. I will never allow anyone to shame me for loving another human being. Interracial relationships are beautiful. I will proudly be the Kim to my Kanye."
She also wrote a post on her Facebook to Eilaine:
"How we deal with racists and cyber bullies in 2018:
Dear Mrs Jacobs
1. Firstly, I am NOT a 'boer' nor am I a farmer, so please fall back. I don't even culturally or socially identify as an Afrikaner .
2. I will NOT be glam shamed by a blissfully average and basic human being for wearing makeup or making any other conscious effort to look good.
3. Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me, boo.
4. Interracial relationships are beautiful and it is my constitutional right to associate with whom I please.
5. You are very foolish for using such putrid language on a social media platform. The 'k' word is taboo and completely off limits.
6. I have informed your employer, Life Healthcare, of your social media misconduct and lodged an official complaint of #racism and #harassment.
7. We live in a wonderful country where racism is FINALLY punishable by law. I have subsequently opened a case of racism at the Sandton Police Station.
Please share this far and wide! Racists must be held accountable for their wrongdoings and racist utterances #RootOutRacism"
Social media users were not impressed with the nurse's message to Smit:
Other social media users praised her for her bravery:
Elaine has since claimed her account was hacked:
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
Kanye West In Heaven. Subscribe to Briefly Cartoons for more Animated Jokes!