Many supporters were left frustrated with the international break. The club action resumed over the weekend with UCL kicking off tonight. Briefly.co.za has crunched the numbers and highlighted 6 important facts for the upcoming fixtures.
1. Ronaldo loves scoring against his ex-clubs (Manchester United v Juventus)
Cristiano Ronaldo has an excellent record against former teams, having scored 5 goals in 6 matches. This includes 2 goals against Manchester United while he was at Madrid.
2. Juve avoids defeat at all costs
A sign of the daunting task that lies ahead for Manchester United is that Juventus have only lost 2 of their last 23 UCL group matches.
3. Madrid can’t stop scoring (Real Madrid v Viktoria Plzen)
The last time Real Madrid was unable to score was in April 2011. Incredibly, they’ve scored in all 43 UCL home matches since then.
4. The Bernabeu is a fortress
Speaking of home matches for Madrid, the Galacticos haven’t been beaten at the Bernabeu since they lost to AC Milan in 2009. An unbeaten run of 26 matches.
5. Aguero poised to break goal-scoring record (Shaktar Donetsk v Manchester City)
Sergio Aguero has scored 22 UCL goals. 1 further goal would see him match Didier Drogba’s record as top scorer for an EPL club.
6. Djeko is the prince of the UCL (Roma v CSKA Moscow)
Edin Dzeko has scored the 2nd most goals in the UCL since the beginning of last season with a haul of 11. His record is only bettered by Cristiano Ronaldo with 15.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
Check out the awesome video below. Subscribe to Briefly Cartoons for more Animated Jokes!