Models are often undermined because their beauty overpowers their brains. Candice Swanepoel is an activist, a momma and a model . She has a whole lot of brains behind that beauty.
Candice has used her beauty as a power to create positive influence. She is all about empowering others and helping people reach their dreams.
The modeling world is cutthroat and you need to be fierce to survive it. Candice is a Mzansi girl, but she models on an international level. You don't just become a Victoria Secret model for nothing.
It is sad that models are not seen for anything more than their beauty. People judge them at face value when they have a whole lot more to offer.
Briefly.co.za has learnt that Candice has used her modeling to her benefit. Like any profession, you need to use you strength as a platform, but that is just the start.
As you probably did not know much about Candice, other than the fact that she is a model, we have put together eight enlightening facts:
1. Born in October 1988, she was a born and bread in KZN, South Africa.
2. Candice has more than 11.8 million followers on social media and can earn up to R840 000 for a single post.
3. Her fiancé's name is Hermann Nicoli and they have been together for over 12 years. They met when she was just 17 and he is a model too.
4. She studied professional ballet and says that it helped her with her runway walk.
5. At the ripe age of 15, Candice was scouted in at a flea market. At 16 she moved to Paris and that is where her modeling career began.
6. Mother Denim is the company that Candice partnered up with to fight the cause of HIV and AIDS in South Africa. She is a constant and current HIV and AIDS charity worker.
7. She is a proud momma of two and a hardcore breastfeeding advocate.
8. The beautiful model opts to go natural when she is not working. Make up is just not her thing.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.
For more amazing, funny and informative videos, please visit Briefly South Africa's YouTube Channel.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.