Abedi Ayew Pele who turns 54 years on Monday, November 5, 2018 is arguably the greatest Ghanaian footballer.
Abedi during his active days captained the Black Stars from 1992 to 1998.
He was part of the Ghana team that won the African Cup in 1982 which was held in Libya. He featured 73 times for the Black Stars scoring 33 goals in the process.
The first football club Abedi signed for was Real Tamale United (RTU) in 1980.
Abedi has played for top European clubs like Olympique Marseille, 1860 Munich, Lyon, etc.
As he celebrates his 54th birthday, Briefly.co.za brings you 5 wild photos of Abedi which prove that he was really a maestro.
1. In this photo, Abedi helped Olympique Marseille to win the EUFA Champions League in 1993
2. Abedi Pele outmuscled Paolo Maldini in a game between Marseille and AC Milan
3. He has always been there when the nation needs him
4. Abedi Pele and his son, Andre Ayew who currently plies his trade in the Turkish top-flight for Fernerbahche
5. Abedi Pele is now a football administrator. He is the owner of Nania FC, a second-tier side in Ghana
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!