Taking the Hip Hop scene by storm, carving her mark in the game. Nadia Nakai has climbed the ladder at an amazing pace making her name one to be reckoned with.
Nadia signed with Cassper Nyovest's record label, Family Tree. It was after this that she made her name in the industry and her talent became well-known in Mzansi.
Briefly.co.za learnt that she was also nominated for the South African Music Award for Best Music Video of the Year.
Nadia has achieved so much in such a short period of time. It’s great to see that she is finally getting recognised. Let’s take a look at the hip hop queen’s interesting facts.
1. Born Nadia Nakai Kandava.
2. Nadia judged a show called Battle Stations, on SABC1’s Hip Hop show.
3. Shiz Niz’ Mixtape 101 competition on eTV has never been won by a female rapper until Nakai entered and walked away with 1st prize.
4. Psyfo, former Yotv presenter, owned a record label Sid Records, which Nadia formerly was signed under.
5. Her tertiary education consist of, marketing, communications and media studies which she study at Monash University.
6. Nadia’s father is South African and her mother, Zimbabwean.
7. At the age of 16, Nadia and her family relocated to Kenya.
8. During an interview, Nadia confessed that she has a love for baking and is really good at it.
9. Before taking on music full time, Nadia worked in advertising.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!