A two-year-old boy, Dehun de Wet, has sadly passed away after he was bitten by a zebra cobra snake last week Wednesday.
According to Maroela Media, de Wet was bitten by the venomous snake at his home, which is situated just north of Windhoek in Namibia.
He was rushed to Mediclinic Windhoek, where he fought for 108 hours to stay alive. News of de Wet's story reached South Africa and people across the country prayed for the little fighter's life.
However, on Monday his father took to social media to share the heartbreaking news of his son's death.
"God took my son home. He is now with his true Father where he could experience all the love of God's Kingdom," Louw de Wet wrote in Afrikaans on Facebook. The dad then described his son as a miracle in the post.
On Sunday night, de Wet's parents wee still hopeful for a full recovery after doctors said his vitals looked good, Briefly.co.za gathered.
Doctors added his skin colour looked good, which meant the blood was circulating as it should. However, hours after the positive update, the young boy lost the fight for his life.
His parents now plan on establishing a trust, where they could aid other snake bite victims.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!