- Duduzane Zuma told the media he felt prejudiced when his appearance before the Zondo Commission was postponed due to Mcebisi Jonas being unable to attend
- Zuma said he only found out about the postponement on Tuesday afternoon
- It's believed Jonas is overseas and will only be back at the end of November
Axed president, Jacob Zuma's son, Duduzane, feels biased after Mcebisi Jonas applied for a reschedule to his cross-examination.
Raymond Zondo, the deputy Chief Justice, gave Jonas permission on Tuesday to adjourn the former deputy finance minister’s appearance to 26 November.
According to reports, Jonas told Zondo in his application that he was overseas, as part of President Cyril Ramaphosa's investors' envoy. Jonas indicated he would only be back in South Africa at the end of November.
In Jonas' testimony during the state capture inquiry earlier this year, he implicated Duduzane.
According to Eyewitness News, Zuma's legal team only heard about the postponement on Tuesday afternoon.
Briefly.co.za also gathered that Mzwandile Manyo, the former GCIS head, was also under the impression he had to appear before the commission on Thursday.
While Barbara Hogan, the former public enterprises minister, finishes her evidence before the commission, Zondo decided to move Manyi's testimony to 23 November.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!