- Bathabile Dlamini has stayed silent on the recent ConCourt ruling finding her grossly negligent, saying that she “will tell her story when the right time comes”.
- The Concourt has asked the head of public prosecutions to determine whether the Minister should be charged with perjury for lying under oath
- The Minister has recently caused a stir on social media for allegedly banning media from a recent KZN event
Responding to calls to have her fired following the recent Constitutional Court judgment, the Minister for Women Bathabile Dlamini has said that “she will tell her story when the right time comes”.
Briefly.co.za had reported earlier in 2018 that the Court found that the Minister had been grossly negligent in the way she had handled the social grant payment scandal.
The head of public prosecutions has been asked by the court to determine whether Bathabile Dlamini should be held accountable on charges of perjury for lying under oath.
At a 16 Days of Activism campaign media briefing in Pretoria over the weekend, the minister had refused to respond to questions from journalists regarding the ruling against her.
It seems that the Minister for Women is determined to remain silent on the charges against her.
“No, when the right time comes I’ll write my story.” Dlamini is reported to have said.
Briefly.co.za has also reported on her alleged banning of select journalists and their teams from an event in KZN on Sunday. Whilst the government has denied the allegation, the eNCA has revealed their intention to take the matter further.
"The minister arrived on Sunday afternoon and instructed our team not to take any footage of her, saying she was offended that our camera person was pointing a camera at her," eNCA reported.
The news agency has also said that it would be taking on Dlamini’s department as well as the Government Communication and Information System ( GCIS) “ to get answers and assurance that this will not be allowed to happen again”.
Last week President Cyril Ramaphosa had been met with criticism for retaining the disgraced minister at his Cabinet reshuffle last week. The president has announced that he will be appealing the Democratic Alliance’s application to have the minister removed.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!