Brave burn victim (4) who lost his sight and arm in fire, melts hearts

Brave burn victim (4) who lost his sight and arm in fire, melts hearts

- The story of a young boy who survived a fire accident has left many people on social media in awe

- The 4-year-old boy, identified as Fanen Terhemen, suffered third-degree burns and was almost taken to the village by his father when they could no longer afford to pay hospital bills

- A humanitarian identified as Ukan Kurugh stepped in, leading many people to send in donations

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Life may have thrown a huge curve ball at Fanen Terhemen, but this little boy has proven to not only be a fighter but a survivor who's going to keep living despite his scars. Having suffered a third-degree burn when he got involved in a fire accident, his survival story has melted many hearts on social media.

The little boy lost his hand in the fire which left his face heavily scarred leading to loss of sight. According to reports, the father of the little boy was on the verge of relocating to the village to face their fate after they were forced to leave the hospital due to their inability to foot the medical bills.

However, a humanitarian identified as Ukan Kurugh got wind of their situation in September 2017 and called on well-meaning Nigerians to help. Through the donations from several people, the boy was able to undergo surgery. So far, he has undergone 6 surgeries on his hand and face and this was made possible with the N2m donations sent in by Good Samaritans.

PAY ATTENTION: Save mobile data with FreeBasics: Briefly is now available on the app

Now recuperating from the surgeries, it appears little Fanen is in good spirits, judging from the new photos that surfaced online.

Swipe to see more photos below:

READ ALSO: Luxury behind bars: Inmate boasts R13K Louis Vuitton and Gucci shoes

He will have another surgery in February 2019 for the reconstruction of his nose. Kurugh who shared more details about the progress of the boy revealed that the hospital had issues with Fanen's skin grafting/surgeries due to his inability to remain calm and seated in one place.

According to Kurugh, he would go about playing and the sweat usually affects the effectiveness of the grafting. A solution however finally in the form of a plasma TV set donated by a well-meaning Nigerian and it appears to have made Fanen calm and seated in one place for more than 3 hours.

Good to see this little fighter getting better!

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Related news
Mom who received son's degree after he died from cancer speaks out

Mom who received son's degree after he died from cancer speaks out

Mom who received son's degree after he died from cancer speaks out
Briefly.co.za
Mailfire view pixel