- Within 48 hours, 5 different farms were attacked and robbed
- Communities are left fearful and shocked after the attacks
- No fatal injuries were reported after the attacks, but cars and guns were stolen
Rural communities across South Africa are feeling shocked and disturbed after recent farm attacks.
Five farms were targeted in just 48 hours, and left people feeling on edge and very unsafe.
As reported by The South African, five separate attacks were reported between Tuesday and Thursday.
AfriForum's head of community confirmed that the first reported attack happened in a small village in Gauteng, Honingnestkranspad. The latest attack was in Limpopo's Bela Bela.
Briefly.co.za gathered the available info on the farm attacks:
1. Honingnestkranspad, Gauteng, 4 December
Three armed attackers shot one male in the arm and made off with cash. No arrests have been made yet.
2. Zusterstroom, Gauteng 5 December
Five suspects attacked seven people, stole their cellphones and vehicles, but fortunately no serious injuries were reported.
3. Kameeldrift, Gauteng, 5 December
Two attackers hit multiple victims with bricks and one male suffered some serious facial wounds. No arrests have been made yet.
4. Addo, Eastern Cape, 6 December
Three attackers targeted a husband and wife. The woman was tied up and the man hit over the head before the attackers took off with two guns and several possessions.
5. Bela Bela, Limpopo, 6 December
The details of the last attack cannot be confirmed by the media yet.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!