Many South Africans became more aware of billionaire businessman Johann Rupert thanks to the publicity he's been getting lately. What people are less aware of, is how they're making Rupert richer every day. You'd be surprised just how many of his products are in your home right this minute.
Johann Rupert made headlines after an interview in which he accused the youth of South Africa are wasting their money on BMWs and partying in Sandton's Taboo nightclub. And he would know, he has invested in many alcohol brands and vehicle financing.
Many South Africans are not aware of just how many pies Rupert has his fingers in.
Briefly.co.za gathered some information, and thanks to a report by News24, a brief list can be compiled, for your convenience.
Rupert is the owner of many companies, one of which is Remgro - a provider of a major amount of everyday products used by South Africa every day.
Here's a list of products and services provided by Rupert and his companies and investments:
- Nola Mayonnaise
- Rainbow Chicken - who provides chicken to KFC
- Sunbake bread
- Yum Yum peanut butter
- Piemans pies
- Selati sugar
- Ouma rusks
- Rama, Stork and Flora margarines
- Catmor and Dogmor
- Monati Super Mabela
- Hunter’s Dry
- JC Le Roux sparkling wine.
- Three Ships Whisky
- Durbanville Hills
- Oude Meester
- Autumn Harvest
- Remgro is a shareholder in FirstRand, the parent of Wesbank, which is considered the leader in vehicle and asset financing in SA
- Remgro is also a shareholder in Total SA and has interests in health insurance firms Discovery, Outsurance and Metropolitan
- Mediclinic is also part of Remgro's investment portfolio
- eNCA - partly owned by Remgro
- Remgro also has an interest in YFM as well
These are just some of the services and goods that have the money rolling on for Rupert every single day.
How many of these products do you use on a daily basis?
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!