The DA for the North West province has said that they are certain 'poor-performing, failing ANC politicians will be rewarded with positions in Parliament'. Among them is ex-premier Supra Mahumapelo
Democratic Alliance premier candidate Joe McGluwa has said former premier Supra Mahumapelo ranked 13 on the ANC national list. According to McGluwa, this puts him in a 'favourable position' to take a seat in Parliament.
In a statement released today the DA for the North West province said they were certain that disgraced politicians would return to Parliament, despite ' failing communities across the province'.
“He will continue his political career in a well-paid job, despite the fact that he collapsed the North West.”
McGluwa supplied a list to The Citizen of the ways he feels the ex-premier and his 'cabal' had failed in their duties:
- Affiliation with the Guptas
- The serious allegations of kickbacks and rewards for tenders and contracts received by the premier.
- Erecting statues with money that could have been utilised for the speedy delivery of services
- His close relationship with Jacob Zuma
- A budget of a premier whose son received a R1.1 million bursary while thousands in this province suffer without proper education or jobs.
- Mahumapelo’s clinging to power has resulted in strikes in the province severely affecting businesses, teaching time and the safety of all communities.
- Healthcare at most hospitals and clinics has come to a complete standstill
- The North West taking the top spot on the unemployment chart.
“Other failing ANC members who are again in line for parliamentary and legislature positions that in the first place should never be on the failing ANC list include Manketsi Tlhape, Sello Lehari, Job Mokgoro, Suzan Dantjie, Barei Segotso, Mahlakeng Mahlakeng, Madoda Sambata, Desbo Mohono, Fenny Gaolalwe, Hoffman Galeng and Maetu Kgaile.”
The premier candidate said that the lists as well as the candidates on it served as evidence that the ruling party could not be trusted with the development of the North West.
“The ANC comes first, while the people continue to suffer.”
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!