Have you been confirmed to join the University of South Africa to pursue the qualification of your choice? Naturally, other than worrying about registering modules and paying fees, as a keen student, you will be interested in UNISA prescribed books related to the course that you will be pursuing. How much will they cost and where can you purchase prescribed books UNISA 2019? Read on to find out.
Joining UNISA comes with its share of worries, and one most common concern that students have is regarding UNISA prescribed books. For you to excel in your studies at the University of South Africa, you need the correct study materials including books. Where can you find them and how much they cost? This should no longer be your worry as we give a detailed breakdown of this highly sought list of books.
Prescribed UNISA books 2019
UNISA offers some modules that will compel you to purchase prescribed study materials. Before diving into this list, you need to understand that the prices are in no way final, meaning that the sellers may charge lower, higher, or the quoted price. So, you should reach out to the official booksellers to get the exact amounts. For simplicity, the codes and approximate prices (in South African Rand) are used to give the details of prescribed UNISA books for 2019.
- ADB1501 - R162.00
- AFL4802 - R180.00
- ATC2601/ATC2602/ATC2603/ATC3702 - R400.00
- CGM2601 - R230.00
- CLS3704 - R210.00
- CLS3705 - R180.00
- CMH1501 - R140.00
- CMH1502 - R130.00
- CMH1503 - R90.00
- CMM3704 - R300.00
- CRW2601 - R90.00
- CRW2602 - R80.00
- CST1501/CST1511/CST2602/CST2603/CST2611 - R730.00
- DVA2601 - R230.00
- DVA2602 - R100.00
- DVA2603 - R191.00
- DVA3701 - R150.00
- DVA3703 - R110.00
- DVA3705 - R130.00
- DVA3706 - R170.00
- ENG2602 - R90.00
- GGH2606 - R190.00
- GGH3707 - R140.00
- HBEDAIQ - R200.00
- HBEDAMU - R450.00
- HSE1501 - R130.00
- HSE1502 - R130.00
- HSE3702 - R160.00
- IPC1502 - R230.00
- LML4804 - R170.00
- MAC3703 - R780.00
- MEDAE1R - R250.00
- MHS1501 - R360.00
- MHS1502 - R430.00
- MHS2613 - R400.00
- MHS2602 - R430.00
- MHS2605 - R600.00
- MHS3701 - R780.00
- MHS3716 - R330.00
- MHS3717 - R320.00
- NUT2601 - R550.00
- OTS1502 - R150.00
- OTS2602 - R150.00
- PLS2602/PLS3703 - R260.00
- PSC3703 - R180.00
- PYC3705 - R220.00
- RST3705 - R170.00
- RST3707 - R260.00
- RST3709 - R200.00
- SCK3703/WFS3703 - R80.00
With hundreds of courses being offered at UNISA, we cannot provide prescribed books for each and every programme. You need to get the list of the recommended books for your qualification before registering for modules. To get the advance list of these study materials, contact the university through 012 429 4152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can enter the study unit code as guided on the UNISA website to see the list of prescribed materials for this academic year. The displayed information should have everything you will need, and with the details, get in touch with the seller of your choice and proceed from there.
READ ALSO: Unisa qualifications and modules guide
UNISA official booksellers list
Now, you have the list of all books required to complete your studies at UNISA. From where will you purchase them? Below is the official list of sellers for UNISA books in 2019 with contact details including physical branches where you can purchase the study materials.
Adams Booksellers (PTY) Ltd
- 341 Dr Pixley Kaseme Street
Tel: (031) 319-4300
- 33 Bertha Mkhize Street
Shop 5, Nedbank Building
- Musgrave Centre
Tel: (031) 319-4450
- 230 Church Street
Tel: (033) 394-6830
- 167 Perth Road, Westdene, 2192
The bookshop is located diagonally across from the main entrance of UJ Kingsway campus
Tel: (011) 726-8208/ (011) 482-8433
Mobile/WhatsApp : 084 4445158
LJ Armstrong Booksellers (PTY) Ltd
- Ground Floor, Ricci’s Place
Cnr Rissik & Commissioner Street
Tel: (011) 836-0124
- Ground Floor, Linksfield Square
111 Club Street Linksfield
Tel: (011) 485-1337
- 1st Floor, First Place
Cnr 1st Avenue & 6th Street
Tel: (011) 888-6129
Pro Visions Books
- 27 Bram Fischer (Ordnance) Road
Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Telephone: (031) 337-2112
Fax: (031) 368-4500
Mobile: 083 8873113
Suite 2, 1st Floor, 1 Derby Place,
Westville, Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Telephone: (031) 266-9830
Fax: (031) 266-8938
Mobile: 076 666 3100
Van Schaik Bookstores
Contact Centre: 0800 118882 or 012 366-5400
- 22 Long Str, Shop No. 1, Cnr Strand & Long Str.
Tel: (021) 418-0202
- Shop 120, Parow Centre, Voortrekker Rd.
Tel: (021) 930-2480
- 26 Main Rd., Rondebosch
Tel: (021) 689-4112
- Langenhoven Centre, Univ. of Stellenbosch
Tel: (021) 887-2830
- Braamfontein Centre, Jorrisen Str.
Tel: (011) 339-1711
- Shop 1, Plot 28562, Cnr Rondebult & North
Rand Rd., East Rand
Tel: (011) 826-2045
- 144 Peter Rd., Ruimsig, Roodepoort
Tel: (011) 958-1349
- Shop 242, Maponya Mall, Old Potch Rd.,
Klipspruit, Ext. 5
Tel: (011) 938-3460/3462
- Shop 3, Momemtum House, Cnr Stanger Str.
(Stalwart Simelane) & Ordnance Rd.
Tel: (031) 332-2009 / 2049
- Shop no 4, Burleigh Court, 668 Umbilo Rd.
Tel: (031) 101-3080
- Shop 312, Kwamnyandu Shopping Centre,
Griffiths Mxenge Highway
Tel: (031) 906-0025/0027
- Shop 1, 235 Church Str.
Tel: (012) 321-2443
Protea Hotel Building, Cnr Burnett & Festival
Telephone: (012) 362-5701/5669
- Shop 2, Republic Building, 78 Scott Str.
Telelephone: (034) 312-6359
- UKZN PMB Campus, Golf Rd., Scottsville
Tel: (033) 386-9308/9
- 49B Schoeman Str.
Tel: (015) 295-9040/9090
- Shop 4B, Turfloop Plaza, 697 Zone A,
University Str., Mankweng
Tel: (015) 267-8279/8294
- Univ. of Zululand, KwaDlangezwa campus,
Building Basement, kwaDlengezwa Reserve
Tel: (035) 902-6103
- Old Legislature Building, Chapel Str.,
Tel: (053) 832-7066
- 137 Beyers Naude Str.
Tel: (014) 592-9915
- Shop 19, Student Centre, UFS
Tel: (051) 444-3048
- 9 Park Rd., Willows
Tel: (051) 447-6685
- Student Centre Building, 1090
Dr Albert Lithuli Dr., NWU, Mmabatho
Tel: (018) 389-2567
- Shop 1, Plot 28562, Samora Machel Dr.
Motor Centre Fairgrounds, Gabarone
Tel: (00267) 395-7131 (within Botswana)
Tel: (087) 195-0142 (From SA – toll free)
- Univ. of Swaziland, Kwaluseni Campus
Tel: (00268) 2518-8519/8513
- 31 B Caxton House, 35 Terminus Str.
Tel: (043) 722-5926/34
- NMMU, Sanlam Student Village, University
Tel: (041) 583-3171
- Shop 52, The Promenade
Tel: (013) 752-7623/7860
- Cachetpark Centre, Steve Biko Ave.
Tel: (018) 294-8875
- Training room No. 3, Library Building,
Cnr Brazil Rd. & R51 (Putfontein Rd.)
Tel: (087) 285-0594
- Mthatha Plaza, Shop 60, 35 Nelson
Tel: (047) 531-4902/4894
- North West Univ. Grounds, Building No. 4
Hendrik van Eck Boulevard
Tel: (087) 287 4047
- 129 High Street
Tel: (046) 622-3549/3573
- Shop A14, Venda Plaza, Cnr Main & Casino
Tel: (087) 285-2167 / 2169
- Univ. of Namibia (UNAM), 340 Mandume
Ndemufayo Ave., Pionierspark, Windhoek
Tel: (00264) 61 206-3364
Way Forward Logistical Solutions
- No 8, Student Centre Building A8
1090 Albert Luthuli Drive
North West University, Mmabatho
Tel (018) 389-2906
Fax 086 599 2198
Mobile 083 5451016
- No 9, Classic Square
Cnr Steve Biko & Borcherd Street
Tel: (018) 294-3639
Fax: 086 599 2198
Mobile: 083 2976113
In this digital era where students do not require hard copy books, you may be wondering if it is possible to get soft copies of UNISA prescribed books. Aside from the above official sellers, UNISA has an e-bookshop that helps in securing soft copies for the prescribed books at an affordable cost. Here, learners with valid student numbers are the only ones who are allowed to advertise bookshop items that can be purchased by other students.
Where can I download free UNISA textbooks? In some cases, you will be lucky to get free downloadable study materials. How do I download Unisa textbooks? Here are simple steps to follow:
- Visit the UNISA online library website.
- Click on e-resources, and when redirected, accept the terms and conditions.
- Next, select e-books and then choose the book you want by clicking on its title. You will be redirected to myUnisa login page where you should enter your valid student number as the username followed by the password.
- Follow the instructions when you log in to download your book.
You may opt for OLX UNISA textbooks, but note that you should be careful to avoid being scammed.
There you go! With the detailed list of UNISA prescribed books prices and sellers, you are now in the know and have an idea of what to expect. You can contact the institution for further details with regards to their learning materials. Happy learning!
- UNISA banking details: how do I pay UNISA fees?
- UNISA registration for masters and doctoral degrees 2019
- List of UNISA courses 2019
- UNISA application 2018