- Julius Malema announced the EFF's election maifesto at Giant Stadium this weekend
- The Commander-in-Chief made a series of bold promises to solve a number of social issues
- Some South Africans felt it was the change the country needs; others felt that it was radical and empty promises
Soshanguve Giant Stadium was covered in red, by EFF supporters keen on hearing the party’s Commander-in-Chief, Julius Malema, deliver his speech. The Manifesto launch took place last weekend in Pretoria.
The launch was themed, “Our land and jobs now”.
The Economic Freedom Fighters paid particular attention to the challenges facing the youth. He promised to change labour systems that exploit workers. Additionally, to combat poverty, Juju promised that under EFF rule, there’d be a sizeable increase to the minimum wage, Biefly.co.za learned.
He also promised to solve gangster violence and to revitalise communities by banning dump sites where people live.
Taking is campaign further than economic issues to identity politics, Julius Malema promised to to alter the pay gap in sports, and to support the LGBTQ community.
Many South Africans on social media applauded his bold assertions and promises, while others felt that it was just extreme promises with no actual plans to make them a reality.
Here are six pics from the EFF Manifesto Launch 2019
1. Giant Stadium was packed with supporters donning red EFF regalia
2.Juju promised to increase pensions
3. The EFF is widely-considered the party of the youth
4. Mzansi was moved by Juju's speech
5. Juju promised to supported African countries and promote Pan-Africanism
6. EFF promised to support LGBTQ community
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!