Acting veteran Florence Masebe has been in the public eye for some time now, but do we really know who she is? There is a lot more to her than what you read in the news.
Often we think we know a celebrity based on what we hear about them in the media, but that doesn’t really mean who know who they truly are.
Briefly.co.za has come to learn that Florence is a woman of strength, dignity and understanding. She is a selfless soul who does the most to help others. She has been acting for over 26-years now.
Here are five facts about Florence Masebe:
1. She was born in November 1972 in Limpopo
2. Her professional acting career started in 1993 after she studied at the UCT Drama School.
3. In 2015, Florence sadly lost her 18-month-old son, Masakona, in a tragic drowning accident.
4. Florence made her name in the entertainment industry with her roles in soapies like Generations, 7 De Laan , Rythm City, Scandal and Muvhango.
5. The influential actress has also won several awards for Best Actress at the Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in Elelwani.
6. Florence stood up for actors and actresses last year when she criticised the national broadcasters for exploiting actors and actresses in the industry.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!