The Bachelor SA has officially started and the bachelor Lee Thompson is ready for the backlash that might hit him. After he was announced as the bachelor, many were concerned that he did not represent the racial demographic of the country.
The show will see 24 women from across the country compete for Lee's heart. Many took to social media to complain that Lee was not a typical South African man, and women of colour would probably be overlooked on he show.
M-Net defended their contestant by describing him as an open minded person, but the masses were not convinced.
Lee has spoken out and said he is ready for whatever backlash may come.
"I am very active on social media and I do notice all the things that are being said. With a show like this there will always be a negative and positive side. Most of the time it is positive but there will always be people with negative comments. I just try to ignore it or push it aside."
He added that everyone was entitled to their own opinions. The show premiered on Thursday and has been met with a positive response.
Briefly.co.za previously reported that in 2013, local celeb Boity had said that a South African version of The Bachelor would be fun to watch and five-years later she received her wish.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!