Mzansi rapper Nadia Nakai has had the most bizarre hairstyles and is often teased that she is mimicking Nikki Minaj, but she has always pulled her hairstyles off with such style and flair.
A hair style has great significance because it often is a symbol and representation of a person. It is even more important in the world of entertainment, as it adds to one's image.
Nadia Nakia is all about representing. She's always pulled off her weaves and wigs but has also very recently took to experimenting with heavily beaded box braids to the more laid back hairstyles.
Briefly.co.za picked out 5 hairstyles that Nadia has worn which may have raised an eyebrow or two, but still looked gorgeous on her. We sourced the pics from her Instagram account.
1. Her long beaded box braids looked beautiful on her.
2. The short braids also looked fitting for the African rap queen.
3. Her bright coloured and frizzy hair was the one when everyone accused her of copying Nikki Minaj. But she definitely rocked this look.
4. Blonde, not everyone's favourite colour on Nadia, but she did make it work for her for a short period.
5. Long straight hair. We saved the best for last. This slick look which Nadia is rocking know has to be the best hairstyle we've seen on her.
Whatever hairstyle Nadia chooses, she wears with flair. She picks them well. And it suits her image perfectly at that particular time in her life.
Three weeks ago, Briefly.co.za reported on Nadia Nakai joining the 1 million followers club.
Joining the one million followers club is a big deal for most celebs, especially the ones in Mzansi. However, Nadia didn't seem too fazed. Briefly.co.za saw how uninterested Nadia was in the fact that she reached the social media milestone.
You would think that playing in the popularity circles of the likes of Minnie Dlamini and Bonang would mean something, right? The beaut acknowledged it, but she did not go as cray as most celebs do.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!