- Tyler Perry and BeyGOOD have fulfilled with their Global Citizen promise
- The Global Citizen Fellowship Program has officially been launched
- Applications are open and the program promises to equip 'Fellows' with the skills they need to flourish
Last year at the Global Citizen Festival, Tyler Perry and BeyGOOD promised to invest in Mzansi by supporting employment skills. Good news - they have stuck to their promise.
The Global Citizen Festival brought a lot of hopeful promises from international stars, but the people of Mzansi were not holding their breaths.
Briefly.co.za learnt that Tyler Perry stuck to his promise and launched the Global Citizen Fellowship Program, which is being funded through BeyGOOD.
The program is based on a specially-designed five-phase curriculum which sets out to equip ‘Fellows’ with the skills that they will need to flourish as working individuals.
Participants will be taught how to 'use digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world’.
That’s not all, though: four top-achieving ‘Fellows’ will be awarded a trip to New York to experience the Global Citizen's annual festival in Central Park. What a wow!
Here are the criteria you need to meet in order to be eligible for selection:
• Ages 18-28 (by time of application).
• South African citizens and permanent residents only.
• Applicants should have a matric qualification at a minimum.
• Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app.
• Applicants should be available full-time from 1 May 2019 - 30 April 2020.
• Family household income must be under R120 000, and/or eligible to families that are headed by a single parent.
• Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an incredible opportunity for the youth of Mzansi. Big ups to Tyler Perry and BeyGOOD for sticking to their promise.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!