Are you challenged financially and thinking of how to go about your studies as a student? Provided you meet the requirements, you can always give Cyril Ramaphosa bursary a trial. Under the umbrella of Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation, the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust is a programme through which South Africans from financially disadvantaged backgrounds get assistance to local learning institutions. Details about the bursary including what you need to know before you apply are discussed in this article.
The CRET bursary scheme puts into consideration the holistic needs of students who are selected alongside their potentials, which includes their leadership capabilities. This is because the foundation expects those who benefit from the scheme eventually would demonstrate ingrained ethos of community service and also, despite their challenges, they would rise to become future leaders.
What is Cyril Ramaphosa foundation?
Cyril Ramaphosa Foundation is a benefit organisation that is set out to improve lives through the creation of opportunities via education and enterprise development. As an independent public organisation, it was founded by Cyril Ramaphosa, and interestingly, since the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) began its full operation in 2000, the not-for-profit organisation boasts of helping more than 200 beneficiaries so far.
Privileged students who get selected eventually through the programme enjoy the bursary based on their needs. Specifically, the bursary covers tuition fees, prescribed books, and other study materials. Those who get fortunate enough also receive a living expense allowance among other benefits.
Requirements for Cyril Ramaphosa bursary
If you are considering applying for the grant, below are the Cyril Ramaphosa bursary criteria that you are expected to meet if your application will be considered.
- You must be a South African with a valid South African ID number for you to be eligible to apply.
- Only if you are between the ages of 16 and 30 years would your application for the bursary be considered.
- Before you apply for the bursary, you must have applied to study at any of the accredited institutions in the country and provided proof of it.
- As an applicant, you should demonstrate good academic and leadership abilities as well as high values and developmental communication skills.
- You must also demonstrate an emphatic skill that makes you appear as one who struggles financially, and that without the bursary, you would not be able to study.
Please note that you cannot change your area of specialisation when you apply, and also, if your field of study is not common, you have a higher chance of being funded. Then, if your duration of study is not more than 5 years, you can apply. However, if you are a postgraduate student, your application will not be considered.
How do I apply for Cyril Ramaphosa bursary?
To apply for the CRET bursary, you should follow the processes below:
- Download the Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) bursary application form from their official website.
- After completion, send it electronically to email@example.com before the Cyril Ramaphosa bursary closing date 2019 which is on the 30th of November. Usually, this closing date is a fixed date as the deadline for submission of the application opens on the 1st of August every year.
Another way through which you can forward your application is via post or drop in. The only challenge is that if you have not prescheduled an appointment with them telephonically or through their email, you may not be granted an audience if you appear in person. Then, while you are submitting your application, you must submit the certified copies of the following supporting documents with your form:
- Matric mid-year and final results
- Your identification document
- The identification documents of your parents/guardians
- Pay-slips for your parents/guardian (if they are employed)
- Testimonial from an educator or community official
- Should your parents/guardians be pensioners or should they be receiving a grant from the government, you will have to attach proof of income
In short, Cyril Ramaphosa bursary is available to any student who is from a financially needy background, and as long as such can demonstrate the need for the grant, he or she stands a high chance of benefiting from the scheme. Also, as long as you have the supporting documents and you meet the necessary criteria, your application can get a consideration.