On Friday, a video was posted on social media which showed people trying to help with an overturned taxi.
However, things ended badly as the taxi caught fire, setting one of the helpful men alight. The video was shared on Intelligence Bureau SA.
"Be very careful when attempting to assist with incidents!!!! Rather wait for emergency services!" the video was captioned.
Briefly.co.za discovered it had not been revealed where or when the video was filmed, however, according to a social media user, Sandile Fakude, the incident took place in Soweto.
"Eish this was at Soweto highway by Booysens on Wednesday morning," he wrote.
The video went viral, gathering more than 183,000 views in just a few days. South Africans defended the people trying to help, adding that their intentions were good.
Musa Mofokeng commented: "That was very unfortunate, but helping is very important. Our emergency services sometimes take a while to get on the scene."
Edna Botha added: "They did a great job in helping the passengers out. Well done. Its was just a bad judgment call to turn the taxi on its wheels. Steele on tar is a spark hazard."
Chantal Douglas wrote, "could no one see the petrol on the ground...the intentions were good though, instictively help is important at the time."
PAY ATTENTION: Forbes Top 10 Wealthiest Celebrities In 2018
Take a look at the video below:
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!