Are you considering a bursary application with Motsepe Foundation Bursary? If so, then you need to understand how this foundation works. It will also help to know the dates that are relevant before making your application. With how competitive education funding and scholarships are, you do not want to miss on a chance of a lifetime. Take all the necessary steps to secure your scholarship with Motsepe.
Motsepe bursary program aims at improving lives through education. This it does by funding education for children from disadvantaged backgrounds. The foundation is able to achieve a lot of its objectives through its partnership with the department of basic education.
About Motsepe foundation
Patrice Motsepe foundation was started in 1999 by Mr Patrice Motsepe and Dr Precious Moloi-Motsepe who were the first in Africa to join Melinda and Bill Gate's Giving Pledge in 2013. As denoted in his quote, "Our goal is to alleviate poverty and to sustainably improve the living standards of the poor, unemployed and marginalised people." It is easy to see that Patrice is passionate about transforming the lives of the poor through education.
Patrice is able to do this through the support of Dr. Motsepe who in her quote says, "Our goal is to make a difference to poor, marginalised communities within our Development Forums areas in all nine provinces in South Africa. We achieve this by supporting sustainable projects that benefit these communities." Clearly, Motsepe foundation is focused on changing lives, a step at a time.
What about the bursaries?
Motsepe foundation is proud to have supported hundreds of students through financially helping them cover their fees. However, like all institutions, there is a formula for which things are done. The Motsepe foundation is no exception. There are certain rules that apply when seeking funding with the foundation. You have to be within these guidelines if you want to qualify for a Motsepe foundation funding.
Fields covered by the sponsorship
You can seek to be supported by the foundation in the following areas of study:
- Medical Studies
- Technology & Business Studies
Qualifications for funding
The minimum entry application requirements are as follows:
- Must be a South African citizen
- You must have achieved a min 70% average in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- You need to be studying or intending to study in one of the aforementioned study fields.
- You must be studying or planning on studying at approved institutions including University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ University of the Witwatersrand/ University of Cape Town/University of KwaZulu Natal/ Tshwane University of Technology and Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
- Must showcase excellent academic results
- You must be proven financially needy
- You must intend on using your education and skills for community uplifting
If you still want to apply for the fund after meeting all the qualifications, follow the following procedure:
- First, you need to download the application forms in the doc or pdf formats.
- Fill the application forms completely and submit them alongside the following supporting documents. Make sure to provide all the documents or risk being disqualified. These include
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric mid-year results if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- University acceptance letter
- Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record if currently at a tertiary institution (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
All the applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, which means it has to be done electronically. Use Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application and your full name as the subject of the email that you sent.
If you are making the application, remember that you will need to complete everything and submit it by 14th October every year. This is the deadline and close of application for all those who may be interested in the scholarship.
If by any chance you have wanted to benefit from the Motsepe foundation bursar, consider the guidelines and closing dates mentioned above. Everyone deserves a chance to improve their life no matter how disadvantaged they seem. Grab the opportunity to make the change that matters by applying for funding from Motsepe foundation. This is a decision that you will never regret.
- How do I check my NSFAS application status in 2019?
- How to get free education in South Africa in 2019?
- SETA bursary application guide 2019-2020