Conor McGregor in police custody after smashing a fan's phone

Conor McGregor in police custody after smashing a fan's phone

- Conor McGregor, UFC fighter, has been arrested by American police after smashing a fan's phone

- The fan was attempting take a picture with the martial artist who angrily stomped on the $1 000-valued phone

- McGregor has now been charged with felony strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Conor McGregor, Ultimate Fighting Championship star, has been arrested by Miami police after smashing a fan's phone.

The 30-year-old and the supporter were spotted exiting Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel on Monday during which the fan tried taking pictures with the fighter, according to a police report.

He was was said to have slapped the phone out of the fan's hand and then angrily stepped on the phone several times.

PAY ATTENTION: Do you want to know what's trending on Briefly.co.za? Join our WhatsApp group today.

According to CNN, the authorities revealed that the Martial artist picked up the phone afterwards and left.

READ ALSO: Gail Mabalane reveals medical reason for going bald and beautiful

Meanwhile, the phone was valued at $1 000 (more than R14 000) according to the victim, while McGregor has been on charges of felony strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief.

In October the 30-year-old was handed a six-month ban with a fine of $50 000 (roughly R714 793) following his post-match brawl with Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Khabib launched an attack on McGregor's team after defeating the Irishman to maintain his unbeaten 27-0 record last year.

PAY ATTENTION: 5 Memorable Photos From The Amazing Baby Shower Of Meghan Markle

Briefly.co.za gathered that last April, McGregor was charged with assault, attempted assault and criminal mischief after he and others allegedly attacked a bus carrying UFC fighters at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

The incident left at least two athletes injured and unable to fight at the UFC 223 event two nights later.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Related news
SA reacts to BLF claims that white people caused cyclone Idai

SA reacts to BLF claims that white people caused cyclone Idai

BLF says white people created cyclone Idai and should pay up
Briefly.co.za
Mailfire view pixel