Boeing responds as Max 737 grounding continues after Ethiopian crash

Boeing responds as Max 737 grounding continues after Ethiopian crash

- The Boeing company has reacted to the global concern generated by the safety of its Max 737 jets

- The aerospace company said it was disappointed by the Ethiopian airline crash which killed 149 passengers and eight crew members on board

- Boeing, however, said safety is its number one priority, adding that it would respect the decisions of its customers worldwide

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

With global concern still growing about the safety of the Boeing Max 737 jets following the crash disaster involving Ethiopian Airline on Sunday, 10 March, the US maker of the airplane has issued a statement to express confidence in its operation.

PAY ATTENTION: Do you want to know what's trending on Briefly.co.za? Join our WhatsApp group today.

Boeing responds as grounding of Max 737 continues worldwide after Ethiopian airline crash

Remnants of the Max 737 Ethiopian jet after crash disaster in Addis Ababa on Sunday, March 10.

Boeing, in a statement made on its official website on Tuesday, 12 March, it said it was saddened by the plane crash incident in Addis Ababa, which killed a total of 157 people less than ten minutes after it took off.

The aerospace company, however said it has ''full confidence in the safety of the 737 MAX", adding that it respected the reactions trailing the disaster from countries and customers.

READ ALSO: EFF elections lists: 50% women, includes #FeesMustFall leaders

Briefly.co.za recalls that Boeing has been under pressure to react following the decision of a number of countries - including China, Mexico, Mexico, Ethiopia, Brazil and South Africa - to ground their Max 8 jets pending the time the reason for the crash will be unravelled.

But in a reaction, Boeing said safety remained its number one priority, before adding that it will ''continue to engage with them (its aggrieved customers) to ensure they have the information needed to have confidence in operating their fleets".

It said: ''Safety is Boeing’s number one priority and we have full confidence in the safety of the 737 MAX. We understand that regulatory agencies and customers have made decisions that they believe are most appropriate for their home markets.

''We’ll continue to engage with them to ensure they have the information needed to have confidence in operating their fleets.

''The United States Federal Aviation Administration is not mandating any further action at this time, and based on the information currently available, we do not have any basis to issue new guidance to operators.''

See tweet:

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, Briefly.co.za previously reported that following the unfortunate Sunday, March 12 crash disaster involving Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8, pressure had been mounted on Boeing, the manufacturer of the narrow-shaped plane, as more countries continued to ground the 737 Max 8 jets.

India's Jet Airways on Tuesday, 12 March followed the path of China, Mexico, Ethiopia, Brazil and South Africa by grounding its Max 8 jets following the growing concern about the planes' safety.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Related news
Pravin Gordhan could face criminal charges because of load-shedding

Pravin Gordhan could face criminal charges because of load-shedding

Organisation to lay charges against Pravin Gordhan over load-shedding
Briefly.co.za
Mailfire view pixel