In the contemporary world, almost everyone uses WhatsApp for communication. It is versatile because it enables verbal, written, and graphic communication efficiently. Its features surpass many other digital communication platforms. If you are yet to use this application, download it on your Android or i-Phone and start enjoying the benefits today. Sometimes, you may want the convenience of accessing your messages on the computer. When this is the case, one may use WhatsApp online.
The WhatsApp Messenger, now owned by Facebook, was developed as freeware to facilitate a cross-platform for communication. It was designed for users who have Internet-enabled devices to ease business communication. The application can be used on smartphones, Android tablets, iPods and iPads. You may also use WhatsApp online via your computer.
READ ALSO: How to back up WhatsApp on Google Drive
Can I use WhatsApp online?
You can use this application online via this link on the browser from where it can be downloaded. The free communication software can only get installed in Windows 8.1 or newer and Mac OSX 10.9 or more modern operating systems using the steps below;
Installation on Windows 8.1+
- Open the computer’s browser and go to the download page to get the .exe.file.
- Open the downloaded .exe.file and install the application by following the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, launch it and scan the QR code and log in to access your messages.
Installation on Mac OSX 10.9+
- Using the browser, go to the download page to get the .zip.file.
- Open the downloaded zip file to initiate this communication tool on your computer.
- The first installation requires you to accept the addition of this application to the applications folder and on the desktop.
- Once the installation process is finished, launch the application, scan the QR code and log in to access your messages.
NB: You can also download and install this messenger application through the Apple App Store.
How to scan the QR code
- On Android devices: Open the Chat screen, then menu then WhatsApp Web
- On Windows Phones 8.1+: Open the Chat screen, then the menu and finally WhatsApp Web.
- On iPhone 8.1+: Go to settings then WhatsApp Web.
Can I use WhatsApp on the browser?
All operating systems that are older than Windows 8.1 and Mac OSX 10.9 can access this messenger application via the browser. This is done in the following steps;
- Using your Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge or Chrome browser, open this application.
- Scan the QR code using the open application on your phone as detailed above.
The web and desktop options of this app are extensions on the computer for your account on the mobile phone. This means that all messages are synchronised between the computer and the phone, and can be viewed on both devices.
How can I use WhatsApp online without a phone?
You can access your messages on the computer without the phone after installing the application or using the browser extension as described above.
Does Web WhatsApp use mobile data?
For this modern communication tool to receive and send messages, your phone must be connected to the internet. This may either be 4G/3G/2G/EDGE mobile data or a connected Wi-Fi network. If you are connected to the latter or are yet to surpass your mobile data limit, no extra charges are incurred.
Many people use this free communication tool due to its versatility. In addition to allowing phone-based communication, the application can also be accessed on your laptop by following the simple steps that are detailed above. Enjoy easy access to your WhatsApp online account on the website now!