- A fire accident survivor has thanked God for saving his life six years after a tragic incident
- The burn survivor revealed that he was the only one to survive a fire accident that occurred in Benin-Ore
- Williams Makaveli explained that the accident had claimed over 80 lives on 5 April, 2013
A man who became the lone survivor of a fire accident that occurred six years ago in Benin-Ore, Nigeria has thanked God for saving his life. The young man also thanked God for giving him the ability to get his life back to normal after the tragic incident.
In celebration of his life after six years of surviving tragic fire accident, Williams Makaveli took to social media to share his story. The young man explained that he had jumped through fire on that day with a desire to live or die trying.
According to him, the incident, which occurred on 5 April, 2013, involved a bus he had boarded colliding with a petrol tanker. The accident had claimed more than 80 lives, with him as the only survivor of the tragedy.
Makaveli revealed that he was heading back to school from home to resume a new semester when the accident occurred. He noted that the cries of the mothers, children and fathers who died that day would stay with him forever.
The young man thanked God for making it possible for him to live. He explained that the incident has given him affirmation about the existence of God and the love he has for him.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
As he celebrated the anniversary of the tragedy on Friday, 5 April, Makaveli noted that he remembers everyone who died. He prayed that they would continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord.
Read post below:
After citizens of the country sent out messages sharing their support for him, the young man stated that he was amazed by the positive reactions he gained from sharing his ordeal. He thanked everyone for their words of encouragement in a long post shared on Instagram.
Read post below:
In sad incident that happened three months ago, Briefly.co.za reported that fire gutted a 14-storey building in Marina, Lagos Island. It was gathered that the building had belonged to United African Company (UAC), which left staff stranded amid the loss of personal property and important files, on Thursday, 24 January.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!