Former South African president Jacob Zuma turned 77 years old today and we decided to gather a couple of facts about uBaba.
On Friday, former South African head of state, Jacob Zuma, celebrated his 77th birthday. In honour of Msholozi's birthday, Briefly.co.za gathered four quick facts about him.
1. Early life
Msholozi was born Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma on 12 April, 1942 in Nkandla, KwaZulu-Natal.
Zuma's dad was a policeman who died when he was five years old, and his mother worked as a domestic worker. uBaba also has two brothers, Michael and Joseph.
2. An interesting middle name
His middle name, Gedleyihlekisa, means 'One who smiles while causing you harm' in Zulu, Wikipedia reported.
3. Meet uBaba's wives
uBaba is arguably one of the most famous polygamists in South Africa. Zuma has been married six times and he is engaged to 24-year-old Nonkanyiso Chonco.
His list of wives include:
1. Gertrude Sizakele Khumalo - married in 1973, they have no kids
2. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma - divorced in June 1998. Zuma and the former cabinet minister have four daughters together
3. Kate Mantsho - Zuma and Mantsho had five childrenids, most notably twins - Duduzile and Duduzane
4. Nompumelelo Ntuli - married on 8 January 2008
5. Thobeka Stacie Madiba - they tied the knot on 4 January, 2010 and he has three children with her
6. Gloria Bongekile Ngema - Zuma married Ngema on 20 April, 2012 at Nkandla. Ngema and Zuma have a son together
7. Nonkanyiso Chonco - Zuma's future seventh wife. The couple share a child who was born on 12 April, 2018, which also marked Zuma's 76th birthday
4. Msholozi's kids
Jacob Zuma reportedly has 22 kids from his several wives. In 2018, Zuma's youngest baby was born on his 76th birthday - which means the baby turns today.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!