Black Stars player, Asamoah Gyan, has bagged a chieftaincy title in the Gbi Traditional Area in Hohoe.
The star forward was enstooled with the title of Togbui Ngoryifia Dormenyotor after sponsoring the digging of a borehole at the St. Francis College of Education.
The player’s philanthropic gesture for the people of the area, most importantly after solving an age-long water crisis, impressed the opinion leaders of the town, leading to his installation as a local chief.
Here are more photos emanating from the coronation event held at Hohoe and seen by Briefly
1. Asamoah Gyan with the Chiefs of Gbi Traditional Area during the event
2. The new Chief Torgbui Ngoryifia Dormenyotor Asamoah Gyan poses for the camera
3. Another close shot of Asamoah Gyan with the Chiefs of Gbi Traditional Area
4. The moment Asamoah Gyan was enstooled
5. The new Chief smiled at the crowd present
Asamoah Gyan, who is Ghana's most capped player and highest goal-scorer, will be playing in next month's African Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY’s news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!