With the English Premier League done and dusted, all eyes are on Africa as football fans eagerly await to see their favourite African stars compete in the motherland in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Football is the world most popular sports and the Premier League the pinnacle of it, and one can only imagine the walloping figures some of these players earn annually.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you want to know what's trending on Briefly.co.za? Join our WhatsApp group today.
With players like Riyad Mahrez and Mohamed Salah winning silverware for their respective clubs, these figures are only likely to increase in the coming season.
Just to boost your appetite for the forthcoming Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) in Cairo, Briefly.co.za brings you five top African stars and the top dollar they earn annually in their clubs.
The amount includes salaries, cap hits, cash, earnings, contracts and bonuses of EPL players earned in the year, according to Spotrac.
5. Victor Wanyama (Kenya, Tottenham) — £ 3.38 million (R63,61 million)
4. Sadio Mane (Senegal, Liverpool) — £ 5.2 million (R97.86 million)
3. Riyad Mahrez (Algeria, Manchester City) — £ 6.24 million (R117.43 million)
2. Aubameyang (Gabon, Arsenal) — £ 8.19 million (R154.12 million)
1. Mohamed Salah (Egypt, Liverpool) — £ 10.4 million (R195.71 million)
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!