A snake was recovered from inside the shirt of a man sleeping in a hospital in India. Snake catchers were called after a snake was seen in the man's clothing.
The elderly man was in the intensive care unit of a district hospital. He was not a patient but rather visiting someone who was admitted.
While asleep, a snake must have crawled up his shirt. When hospital night staff noticed the snake they were shocked, but did not wake the man for fear of disturbing the snake.
Snake rescuer, Akash Jadhav, removed it, all without waking the man up. The snake-catching team said the reptile was poisonous and the man was lucky it had not bitten him.
The man was informed of the incident only after the snake was recovered.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!